Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Buying Speedo’s is never fun

Clearly by wearing Speedo’s I forfeit the right to care about how I look during exercise. Therefore, swim wear shopping for me is all about function not fashion.


All that said trying to buy speeds in the middle of summer is not an easy thing. I went to three shops and came back empty handed


Shop 1


Sizes available: Large, Extra Large and Extra Extra Large (have you ever seen a pair of speedo’s that big? I would not want to swim next to that guy)


Shop 2


Sizes available: Large, Extra Large

Shop 3


Sizes available: Small (they were tiny…and pink….) Extra Extra Large

Here’s the thing I have only ever seen big fat guys in Speedo’s


Surely the big sizes would be the first to sell out?

Worst thing is I am no closer to a new pair

Cheers

Greg

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Have you looked into getting a 'jammer' instead? Most of the guys on our team have them and they allow you to be a bit more... modest then the average speedo without sacrificing function. And who knows, maybe those will have a better size selection.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip - the only drama is I finally found a pair (they are the long style not the itty bitty ones!)