Thanks to Coach Liz (http://tntcoachliz.blogspot.com/) I am able to indulge in some more self indulgence…5 questions about me (because sometimes bi weekly blog posts are not enough…)
Take it away Liz (and Greg)
1. Do you eat vegemite? What is this stuff made of and what is it normally eaten with? What does it taste like? Explain
Do I eat it?
My wife does. I sometimes gage when she does…..I am pretty sure it is made from yeast and it smells kind of like Guinness (or any stout beer…kind of like the pub at the end of a massive night……..)
It is generally eaten with toast and tastes awful – this is their horrific website
Tempted? Off to buy a Tub? What me to send you some?
2. If you were talking to someone who was going to be visiting OZ for the first time, what would you recommend as the top three things to see? Explain why these make the top three.
1. Sydney Harbour (and a ferry trip to Manly). There is nothing better than having a drink at Opera Bar (http://www.operabar.com.au) talking a short walk to the ferry and jumping on for a trip to Manly
2. Northern Territory (Uluru and Kakadu National Park). I have to put my hand up and say I have not been yet but I know a fair few people that have and say how good it is.
3. Great Barrier Reef. This is awesome. Snorkelling looking at the fish and Coral. In a word amazing
3. Ok, this one is really goofball, but when water drains down the sink in OZ, does it make a clockwise or a counter-clockwise vortex? I just always wondered.
Can I be honest- it just goes straight down……… as far as I can tell
4. Craig Alexander or Chris McCormick, who is more bad-ass? Explain. Is Emma Snowsill the Uber tri-babe or does someone else hold that title? Explain.
Craig Alexander! Who comes 2nd in their first crack at the big show? Then follows it up with a win? That is freakish!
As for Emma Snowsill Gold medallist how can you go past that!
5. If I encountered a playtapus, a koala, and a kangaroo, which one should I be the most afraid of? Explain.
Platypus are monotremes, the only mammals that lay eggs instead of giving birth to live young. That’s just weird and more than a little bit scary. Plus they are just as quick in the water as the land…no where is safe (Kind of the opposite of me - i am jsut as slow in the water as land...)
Koalas apparently that can attack you but I am not sure about – they sleep for 18 hours a day so you would have to be pretty unlucky to be attacked
Kangaroos can actually be pretty violent …….. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/05/0506_050506_kangaroos.html
So it is dead heat between Platypuses and Kangaroos for me (although there are that many snakes and bugs that can kill you really do not worry about it)
To Play Along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "interview me".
2. I will respond by giving you five questions. (I get to pick the questions.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
PS is this the longest post I have ever done?