Sunday, January 23, 2011

Naked Training (well on the feet at least)

So I am mixing things up with my training including a weekly crossfit class with my buddy Sharif (http://www.sharifit.com)

It is a great class which really pushes me – mainly because he is interested in technique not how quickly I get through it...which is a real challenge
The other challenge for me is the time.

7am

Saturday Mornings

In a park about 10k’s from my place. Now in case you have not been keeping up I am pretty unorganised guy.

I am the kind of person who will turn up to the pool without a towel or swimmers (but will not forget my goggles – this is not a lie it happened to me the other day). So this Saturday I woke up at 6:40 with 20mintes to get dressed and get to the park

Luckily I got to the park bang on 7. As I was putting on my socks I realised something was missing

Shoes

Bugger

I had two choices

Go barefoot or go home

So I went barefoot. Of course Sharif decided to make me so a heap of sprints. Luckily I manage to avoid anything to dramatic and complete the session – although my feet are pretty cut up

The moral to the story for me is not about my preparation (or lack of) but making the best of every situation

I am off to put some more band aids on my feet.....

Cheers

Greg

No comments: