Friday, January 4, 2008

Climb Every Mountain

Exercise: A couple of more swims – I even bought a kick board (things are starting to get serious)

Firstly a belated happy new year to all.

In an effort to start the New Year in a healthy fashion J and I decided to get out of Sydney for New Years Eve and go down to the Snowy Mountains…that’s right to the snow in summer (it was about 35 degrees every day!).
For those of you who do not know the highest “mountain” in Australia Mount Kosciusko is in the snowys. When I pictured the highest mountain in Australia I had always thought of a jagged peak, a step climb with some sort of a rock face and maybe some snow

Not this (it is the one circled in red)



It looks more like a hill, and not a very step one. To be fair it was a vigorous 1 hour walk but you could tell it was not overly difficult by the number of small children who where at the “summit”. In all it was one of the best holidays I have had although there was a down side…….I had the unfortunate experience of watching the Catherine Zeta Jones movie “No Reservations”. What a steaming heap of crap! She has to be the worst actress I have ever seen.

How do they make these movies? It was clichéd, boring and poorly acted! (rant over)

Cheers

Greg

No comments: