Thursday, April 10, 2008

49, 44:27, 12.4, 9 and Man Woman

Hi All,

Let’s not even talk about how long it has been since my last blog…..

49. I went for a 49 k ride the other week with my buddy Alex. For those of you who know the Northern beaches we rode from Balgowlah to Bayview and back (kind of near Mona Vale). I have to tell you the more I ride the more addictive it gets. By the end of the ride I was swaying like a drunk and could not sit properly for a good couple of days (padded pants are just not that padded)

44:27. This was my time in the last BRW tri. To be fair I had no idea what I was doing or how to race. When I finished I felt good, probably too good. In fact I felt so good I did the race a second time (and I was quicker). My two favourite memories from last year were

I used a 10 year old rusted mountain bike. With tyres thicker than an average car. And a bell. Every time I got out of my seat to pedal the bell would ring. Imagine me straining to get this 20 kilo thing up and down a hill and all you can hear is ring ring ring. The only thing my bike was missing was a basket

I stopped in the transition area to put on socks, dry myself and change my shorts. I am sure if I had hair I would have spent time sorting that out as well


12.4. 400 metre swim, 8 k ride and 4 k run. This is the BRW corporate tri that I am competing in this weekend. I want to take 4:27 from my time this year and get under 40 minutes. I am going to play football the day before so who knows how I am going to go!!

9. 9 degrees. I went swimming the other and it was 9 degrees. It was awesome

Man Woman. The BRW tri is in waves i.e. you get put in a group of 100 people and you all start at once. Due to a stuff up with my entry I am in a womens wave. I will be the only guy out of 100 women…..I am going to look like an East German swimmer in the 80’s

Wish me luck

Greg (PS hopefully i will get back into the swing of these)

No comments: