Friday, November 28, 2008

Nothing to see here

It is amazing how training can change when you do not have a goal. I have trained most days just without the intensity and drive of pre Canberra. I am putting it down to resting up before the baby comes.

My wife and I have a labour communication strategy planned. Basically she will call my mobile when she thinks she is in labour. Since we made this plan she has not called my phone in over two weeks.....

Yesterday I was in a cab heading to a meeting when my phone rang......

It was my wife......

My heart boomed and a quick sweat came over me as I fumbled for the phone

Turns out she wanted to talk about the plumber who had just come to look at the leak in the bathroom

It took me 10 minutes to get my heart rate back to normal!

Cheers

Greg

2 comments:

Alex said...

hahahahaa - now that's some training I can relate to as well. We had a similar plan and all of a sudden she stopped calling my mobile, its spooky.

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it - from a couple of calls a day to none!