Sunday, June 1, 2008

Almost a setback

My training has hit a lull at the moment.

A combination of the cold weather, crazy times at work and football means I have not been training as much as I would like. The goal was to train twice a day, at the moment I am lucky to get out once day.

In an effort to step up my training I got online, found a store in the UK and bought an indoor trainer for my bike (lets all say a little prayer for birthday money...this tri business is expensive!).

Basically the trainer turns a normal bike into a stationary bike (kind of like an exercise bike).

There was only one problem........ it took me over a month to set it up. It is not like I did not try. Every night I would take the parts out of the box read the instructions and try to put it together (emphasis on try). This thing was harder to build than anything from IKEA. The worst part was it was not like I could take it back to the store!

The situation got so dire that I had to ask my wife to help out. What ever masculinity I had left is now officially out the door (to be fair I have been considering shaving my legs..). Thankfully even she was stumped

In the end I had to get a friend over to sort it out.....

Good news it works and I am back on the bike. Now I have some catching up to do

Cheers

Greg

No comments: